Having fun with Barcodes (UPC codes)
Barcodes grace almost every product we sell. Considering how much package real estate they command, why shouldn't they be more fun?
• Colours* can be changed but the colour chosen must appear black under red light, so blue and green are possible options. Here's a great tutorial link explaining the science behind the use of colour.
• The number string is only there to help a human reader interpret the barcode; if nothing else, change the font!
• Blank space should be left at either end so the scanner can recognise the beginning and end of the code.
• There should be a healthy sized horizontal strip of uninterrupted code from the first to the last bar.
• Test it! Print it out and check it using a barcode reader app on your smart phone or at the local supermarket.